Science Zone has a complete variety of education services for schools including workshops for 4 to 11 year olds on subjects such as Dynamic Dinosaurs;
Fizzy Science; Fractal Maths; Good Vibrations; Gooey Science; Helicopters and Hovercrafts; Floating and Sinking; Fossil Art; Jurassic Sea Creatures; Let There Be Light; Luminous Science; Rainbow
Science; Shocking Science; Scintillating Sharks; Taste, Touch & Smelly Science; Under The Sea; Vivacious Volcanoes and Wild Weather. We also do Acids and Alkalis for 7 to 11 year olds.
Workshops are £5 per head* (plus VAT) (*Additional charge for Dry Ice on some workshops.)
In addition we also run a full planetarium at the centre with the same dome programme as our mobile service - Full programme list:
Solar System Tour and Beyond - KS2/3; Space Exploration (Apollo Moon Landings) - KS1/2; Dinosaur Show - KS1/2/3; Rocks, Soils and Fossils - KS2/3; Earth and Beyond - KS1/2; Light, Dark
and Space - KS1; Light and Sound - KS1/2; Ancient Egypt (or Greece) and the Stars - KS1/2; Under the Sea - KS1/2; Pirates and the Sea - KS1; Fractal Dome (Maths and Natural Symmetry) - KS2/3; Down to
Earth (Volcanoes and the Earth's history) - KS1/2; Nano Cam Show (Biodiversity at Micro-level) - KS2/3. A dome show at the centre is £3 per head (plus VAT)
Contact us on 01202 729206 or send us
an email to email@example.com for bookings
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support
We have been working hard, like schools, to plan the future and I would ask you to bear with us and would be grateful if you could support us fairly soon, this year.
- We will work with schools to provide, write and deliver extra tailored school science programme without a planetarium enclosed area. For example, rocket and space activity workshops in
schools. (if you feel the planetarium too restrictive for social distancing). This would be a fully presented and interactive smart board and experiment- based activity for all the pupils. (Our
science centre has many workshops tried and tested written)
- Through our science centre called ‘Science Zone UK’ based in Bournemouth, we can provide workshops with online class tutor (Q&A) on a whole range of topics. We would provide materials
such as ‘Dry Ice’ and chemical vassals by delivery.
- Our planetarium is now currently online LIVE every Wednesday throughout May and June from 11am for ‘Home Education’ for your pupils and families. This is a free service
although we are asking for donations of £1 to support staff costs. This is on Facebook LIVE on FB site – ‘Science Zone UK’ (our science centre)
- Our planetarium could deliver online sessions to provide, write and deliver extra tailored science programmes. These are exciting and interactive—as
classes can view and ask questions of the tutor about the planetarium as it run through the shows. Live Interactive planetarium shows (LIPS) are the best and you can see examples of this on the
LIVE shows on Facebook. Many of the previous broadcasts are saved on Facebook site (Science Zone UK on the video tab) lots of video to view, however our school offer is a unique tailored
online session for you pupils when the pupils are back. This can be delivered on a smart board as a group or PC’s. You could also do this as a group on the Home Service at present for your
current pupils at home or send them a link. We have different price tariffs for different options.
- Our giant planetarium domes come with fully circulation of air and we are going to fit extra air-conditioning to maintain replacement of air flow at a rapid rate and cool temperature. If
visitors are allow back at some stage to schools, this would be a great option with a reduced class size – say 15 limit of pupils.