Science Zone has a complete variety of education services for schools including workshops for 4 to 11 year olds on subjects such as Dynamic Dinosaurs; Fizzy Science; Fractal Maths; Good Vibrations; Gooey Science; Helicopters and Hovercrafts; Floating and Sinking; Fossil Art; Jurassic Sea Creatures; Let There Be Light; Luminous Science; Rainbow Science; Shocking Science; Scintillating Sharks; Taste, Touch & Smelly Science; Under The Sea; Vivacious Volcanoes and Wild Weather. We also do Acids and Alkalis for 7 to 11 year olds. Workshops are £10 per head (Excluding VAT)* (*Additional charge for Dry Ice on some workshops.)
In addition we also run a full planetarium at the centre with the same dome programme as our mobile service - Full programme list: Solar System Tour and Beyond - KS2/3; Space Exploration (Apollo Moon Landings) - KS1/2; Dinosaur Show - KS1/2/3; Rocks, Soils and Fossils - KS2/3; Earth and Beyond - KS1/2; Light, Dark and Space - KS1; Light and Sound - KS1/2; Ancient Egypt (or Greece) and the Stars - KS1/2; Under the Sea - KS1/2; Pirates and the Sea - KS1; Fractal Dome (Maths and Natural Symmetry) - KS2/3; Down to Earth (Volcanoes and the Earth's history) - KS1/2; Nano Cam Show (Biodiversity at Micro-level) - KS2/3. A dome show at the centre is £4 per head (Excluding VAT)
Contact us on 01202 304734 or send us an email to email@example.com for bookings
• Services for 2022 for schools - Our COVID Secure dome at school site with PPE screens and a Risk Assessment.
• Written coding, robot building, all fully supervised by our team at the school site.
• Online planetarium via Zoom or Teams -- full service with dinosaurs or space. Facebook site has examples (Science Zone UK).
• Open screen planetarium in a school hall- open to the air of the hall. (see picture above)
• Experiment based workshops with equipment delivered to schools. Presenters at a remote online location or in school with PPE.
• Rocket workshops with equipment delivered to schools. Presenters at a remote online location or in school.
• Indoor portable planetarium dome in air-replaced COVID secure planetarium in a school hall. Internal PPE screens between pupils/presenter in the dome.
21/22 The Royal Arcade
Opening times for School term times
Mon:3pm to 5.30pm
Tue: 3pm to 5.30pm
Wed: 3pm to 5.30pm
Thu: 3pm to 5.30pm
Fri: 3pm to 5.30pm
Sat: 10:30am - 4pm
(Saturday mornings are often booked for private children's parties. If there isn't a party on, we will be open to the public. You can call us in advance to see if we are open.)
On the road:
We do science dome and experiment parties for children and/or adults on location - if you have a big enough space with an electrical power supply, we can do it.
We can bring our dome and exhibitions to your school. You can find more information on this by contacting the Science Dome (details below).
If you have any queries or would like to book a workshop, please contact us: